Wednesday, May 9, 2012

It is again ... an authentic learning.

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I read "The Andy Warhol Diaries" from the EDU3234 Module.  A worth of reading as it provides much insight about the writer for reader like me who had never known who is Andy Warhol. It is again about authentic reading but I think is not that interesting and seriously, it is not suitable to bring into the classroom.  Lot's of talk about drugs, about sex and it would give bad influence to students .  It would be interesting if teacher asks students to write their own diary and express their own feeling.  Everybody has diary even my 9 years old daughter uses diary to tell what she did, how she feels, hopes and interest on that particular day.
        Talking about diary, last weeks when i was terribly busy with my assignments, i saw my daughter far from my room that she was writing something in her diary with her "sour face".  When she went down, i flipped the page and read it... Oh my Goodness, i feel so touched when i read it. This is how she expressed her feeling in 'rojak': ' Today Sunday, oh diary why mama very bz, bila mama nak bawa Myra jalan-jalan like before. Myra so sad.....'. I wiped the tears from eyes, i went to her and hug her.  I feel like  abandoning her .....is it an abandonment??? No, it's not.  She is just a kid and it is good she knows how to express her feeling.  She will understand it as she grow up. The most important thing is i have always helped  her with her homework, i cooked for her and prepared everything for her.  Thank God for the strength you gave me.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment