Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finally....Finally and Finally

 Hi everyone,

Today is already Friday. Time is running out so fast  but i am so relief that i have finished all the assignments especially research paper and have emailed it to Cik Dzeelfa.  Now, i am cracking my head could be my last post of this Reading and Project Work.  Oh , yes , i almost forgot, actually we have one more assignment to go.  The very last piece of the assignment which is group drama for theater project.  We are going to perform it a week after the final exam.  Last but not least, let's talk about folktale. We have all heard folktales at some time and for me it remember me my childhoods, the storytelling moments with my mom and my teachers.  I have a collection of Folktales when i was in standard school and the only one that i still keep untill now is " Si-Tenggang Anak Derhaka".  I'm sure you were grown up on folktales as well as our students.  In EDU Module there is a folktale, 'The Son of the Turtle Spirit' which is a very interesting story.  It talks about a love between a frog which turned to be a man later and and the woman whom he loved.  If teacher uses the story in the classroom, i am sure students must be like it because they have a prior knowledge about the topic.  So, this is a chance for teacher to begin the process of stimulation interaction in the initial stage of the classroom based on the story.   In addition the story has a lot of values to be shared like making good use of the opportunities, work for your own success, rely on your own strength and many more. Therefore, again the story can be a good material to teach students. Teacher has to choose a different type of folktale for different age of students.  I still remember when i was in form two my English teacher brought us into a movie room to watch "Beauty and The Beast".  We really had fun.  I Think teacher may apply the same method as it is still relevant.  Trust me it is a worth of doing.   Anyway that is it for now.  I will try to come back on Sunday after sitting the last paper.  Perhaps there would be something more interesting to share.  May God Bless you all Anyway to my friends, Good Luck for the Final Exam

No comments:

Post a Comment