Thursday, May 10, 2012

Reader's Digest.

Hi all,

The exam is just around the corner. Things will never come to the end until it did. Got two more assignments to be done.  OMG, i am so tense right now. Anyway laugh it is still the best medicine.  Wanna share with you this funny story picked from readers digest:

"In Deep"
A ship is sailing the seas when the call comes from the crow's nest, "Enemy Ship on the horizon!" The captain hollers to  his men, 'Prepare for battle!" He says to his deckhand, " Bring me my red shirt!" The deckhand asks why. " So that if i get injured my men won't see my blood and will keep on fighting," replies the hardy captain.  The men stand their ground and finally win out. The tend the wounded and carry on sailing.  Sometime later, another cry comes from the crow's nest: "TEN enemy ships on the horizon!""  Prepare for battle!" the captain hollers to his men, then says to his deckhand, "Bring me my brown pants" - Reader's Digest: Dale Donoghue (May 2012)

Why Reader's digest? Because it is a teacher and a friend to me.  I highly recommended the magazine to be one of  reading materials for both teacher and student because  it has many good true life stories that can give you great guidance in your life. It will definitely help you improve your language as it has many language improving section which called 'Increase your word power section'. The jokes in there are also cool. I found Laughter the Best Medicine section, and my vocabulary came on by leaps and bounds through the multiple-choice feature. I have a story to share about Reader's Digest.  Last ten years, my English teacher borrowed me her Reader's Digest magazine.  According to her the magazine is good for students like me.  So i brought it home and showed it to my parents. I told them about the magazine as how my teacher told me and i wanted to buy the megazie.  You know what my parents said ? "ini majalah orang putih mana ada jual kat kampung ni". Oh My Goodness! i can laugh at myself when i remembered the moment. It is so memorable.  But it is a real story of mine. I can not find this magazine those days at my place because it is a rural area. I think parent nowadays should provide their children with English reading material at home to stimulate children's  interest in English language  as it is indeed learning often begin at home.  Several research has been carried out to investigate why Malay students did not achieve much success in English language and surprisingly they found that parent who their children were not doing so well in English did not provide English reading material at home and students were only exposed to the language only in the classroom. Well,  how could we expect our students to be competent  English learners if this is actually the scenario .  Think how we can share this with parents out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment