Sunday, May 13, 2012

Promise is promise

Hi everyone,
As i have promised you to come back after the final exam, here i am. Thank God, everything goes well. I have completed all the requirement for this semester.  Just wait for next Sunday to perform the group theater with Pn. Juridah. First time in my life watched an English Theater performance and it was purposely for EDU 3202: Theater in TESL.  When I first get the play review, the very  first thing that glance through my mind was trouble- a whole lot of trouble. But it has changed after i come back from watching the theater: "Shakespears's Demystified: "The Merchant Of Venice" at Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Center (KLPAC) which is in Sentul. I am not going to tell what the theater is about, but i am interested to share my opinion about how theater could benefit students if it is implemented in the classroom. Theater is same like drama.  Teacher sometime uses drama  to teach speaking skill for secondary school students.  Therefore, teacher may employ this technique in speaking classroom to improve student's communication skill.  Teacher may assign students to prepare a short line for the drama or theater and ask them to present it in front of the classroom.  This method of teaching the speaking skill will benefit students in terms of their accuracy and fluency.
I have uploaded the video of the theater i watched at KLPAC three months ago. 


This is my last post for this great blogging assignment.  Indeed  I enjoy doing it. I leave you with a short scene in "The Merchant of Venice"  which you may view it on the right tool bar.  Thank you for everyone especially my supportive family, my helpful lecturer Cik Dzeelfa and to all my dearest friends.  Thank you everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment